reviews of Erik's flutes...

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
joey_schu
antispam: No

reviews of Erik's flutes...

Post by joey_schu »

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone who owns an Erik the Flutemaker bamboo flute would be so kind as to post a little review of it... Search has brought up some random bits and pieces, but I thought, if anyone has some free time.... Much appreciated!

Joey
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Hi Joey,

Here's a link to a bit I said about them a couple weeks ago.
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=10917.

I like mine very well.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
joey_schu

Post by joey_schu »

Hey thanks!

My search brought up your review a few days ago. I appreciate it - very helpful! You specified certain keys from Erik when you ordered? On his website I see flutes with names and lengths, but not so many keys... I'd like a Bb if possible - emailed him about it a week ago... No reply yet, but I know guys like him are in and out playing/instructing here and there.

Thanks,
Joey
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I called him and was able to talk to him. He played my G over the phone. That doesn't happen often! I think I asked for a standard six hole flute. I know he has pentatonic flutes and a few others.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

I met Erik many years ago (he and his "stafflutie" for any who know him) at a Renassance festival at Sterling Forest in NY (just north of the city).
Neat guy.
Since then I've bought 3 of his bamboo flutes in odd keys. My favorite, and one which really does a number on other players who watch me play it, but don't get the key, is the one in G-minor. Totally neat to play.
Erik has had my vote for more than a decade and until now was a well-kept secret.
Blackbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Blackbeer »

I have one of Eriks flutes. I talked to him on the phone and he played one for me. Mine is in the key of F. I still don`t know how he does it. This thing is amazing. Very powerful bell note. Well in tune, and loud. The tone holes are huge and take some getting used to and the flute itself is very lite, which makes it a little hard to hold at first. I didn`t go for the fancy finish because he had a plain one ready so I took it. I will be ordering another in G soon. This is his busy time as far as traveling but he will answer your email as soon as he see it. Real nice guy. For the money you can`t go wrong.

Tom
baekjiwon

Re: reviews of Erik's flutes...

Post by baekjiwon »

Erik The Flute Maker's flutes are the best that I've ever tried! You can even get them on eBay and save a few bucks :)