Sighting the Wild Tyghress in Her Native Connecticut

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jim_mc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Sighting the Wild Tyghress in Her Native Connecticut

Post by jim_mc »

Yes, I have met Tyghress in person! Too cool! She came to Deep River, CT on Saturday for the annual fife and drum muster. This weekend is the high point of the year for me, and meeting Ty was one of the high points of the weekend! She showed off her B flat water weasel, and let me try her elfsong. That's one gorgeous looking whistle, but I can't tell you what it sounds like. Over the roar of fifes and drums, it was inaudible. Three days of fifing and drumming and my hearing is pretty much shot, anyway. I have something else to tell about my incredible weekend, but I'm putting it in another post.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Jim,

In a now-famous post about whistle technology, she mentioned whiskers and a tail. By any chance did you get photos or drawings to corroborate?

Best wishes,
Jerry
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Whiskers - no. As far as a tail goes, she was wearing pants, so I couldn't tell.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Jim,

In a now-famous post about whistle technology, she mentioned whiskers and a tail. By any chance did you get photos or drawings to corroborate?

Best wishes,
Jerry
Jerry. . .you're just gonna have to find out for yourself some day...not like your on the other side of the continent or across the pond...we're practically neighbors!

Which leads me to start thinking about a laidback Northeast Chiffer clambake or something. . .there's Jim and you, Paul, me, Jon and Bloo, Robin, Tom, Rene. . .Merlin (who hasn't posted in a long long time). . .who am I missing?
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Clambake?

Is that where Bloo wears those funning looking 'hand me down pants' ??
brownja

Post by brownja »

Tyghress wrote:. . .who am I missing?
Me, danceswithtrout, fiddling_tenor, probably a few more nutmeg'ers lurking about.

jb
jim_mc

Post by jim_mc »

PhilO, Tom Dowling and Amanderthad to represent for NYC, and Larry (Madguy) and Thouron, our Jersey boys. And I hear Ava will go anywhere for a C&F gathering.
Peach

Post by Peach »

Not a Nutmeger by birth, but by bloodline - parents came from Stonington and Groton. I'm in MA. And I fife. Oh jeez is this a 12 step for recovering fifers?
"Hi my name is Peach and I fife. Its been several years since my last muster..." sorry.
How was Deep River? Which tune/medley was played ad naseum?
A New England gathering sounds like fun!
Who else is out there?
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Peach that was hysterical! I have to say that it appears that fifers are probably more fanatical about their music than whistlers are....

Will you come up to the Harp in Amherst sometime???
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
merlinthedog

Whistle Bake

Post by merlinthedog »

I am still hear and alive in Connecticut. Have not been very active on the board - more active on the whistle - generally attend the sessions in Glastonbury. (Note - This Friday is the Irish Festival at the Irish American Home Friday - Sunday. Friday at 6:15 will be a 2 hour session)

The idea of a whistle bake sounds great although coordinating schedules could be a problem.

By the way, saw the Tiger on Sunday - with a LARGE bag of great whistles!

merlin the dog
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Tyghress wrote:
Jerry Freeman wrote:Jim,

Best wishes,
Jerry
Jerry. . .you're just gonna have to find out for yourself some day...not like your on the other side of the continent or across the pond...we're practically neighbors!

Which leads me to start thinking about a laidback Northeast Chiffer clambake or something. . .there's Jim and you, Paul, me, Jon and Bloo, Robin, Tom, Rene. . .Merlin (who hasn't posted in a long long time). . .who am I missing?
Clambake? Did somebody say clambake? Just don't make it the first two weeks of August, and you gotta deal, baby!

Robin
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

What about Sept 6th or 20th?

Being slightly paranoid (I've never done this picnic thing before) I'll need oodles of guidance in the planning of it. . .but its worth a try.
Thomas-Hastay

Post by Thomas-Hastay »

Hey Tyghress,

Do you think you would be tempted to ride your whistle down to Corpus Christi for some sailing this winter(when your butt's in the iceberg)? Or would you prefer the Scarburough Renaissance Faire? With any luck, I'll have all the "sessions" scoped out for any snow-birds that need a thaw. No more "40 below and 8 feet of snow" for me!!!

signed;
"Been-there-done-that-Ex-Minnesota-Man"
"The difference between Genius and stupidity, is that Genius has its limits" (Albert Einstein)
thomashastay@yahoo.com
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Thomas, to meet you, I'd certainly brave the tornadoes and hurricanes of Corpus Christi. . .

Tyghress
ex-Texas-been-there-done-THAT-Cat
merlinthedog

Post by merlinthedog »

I say lets go for it!