excellent CD, flute low airs, etc

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

I picked up an excellent CD this week, The Clare Hills by Eoghan MacAogain. I was surfing the Net and found his website accidentally.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/4133/index.html

Of the 13 tracks, 8 are slow airs played on flute, which I love. The rest are reels, hornpipes, a song and a slip jig. He plays a Gen Eb on two tracks.

For you purists the title air, Clare Hills, isn't traditional. Eoghan composed it himself, but it has a traditional sound to it (for the rest of us). He also composed the reels on track six.

I was impressed that he will send you his CDs without prepayment. You email him your address and he drops the CD into the mail to you. When you get it, you send him $15 and that covers postage and handling. I enjoyed it so much I asked him to send me his first CD as well (The Clare Hills is his second CD) and I just made the check (in American dollars) out for $30.

Check him out.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by KDMARTINKY »

hey:

Thanks for this post. I love slow aires. I will go check out the site. Oh Yea, my wife said I had to eat this month, but we may be able to skip eating next month, if only another waterford Low D is placed on eBay. :boggle:
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Keith, did you buy that "Waterford" low D?

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Nope....had to eat this month remember :lol: But I do believe that someone on this message board did. It looked like a great instrument.
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Hello Blackhawk,
Thanks for the tip. I love the slow airs best, myself. It's on my list. Excellent playing! Did you find out what air Eoghan is playing on his home page? I liked the sound of that one too! Is it on any of the two cds you have now?
~~~~
Barry
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I appreciate the tip, Blackhawk - I've ordered both.

I like doing things this way - it's good to know the money is going to the artist, not the record label.

Dana
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Just a note: 1 of his tracks from Clare Hills appears on Wooden Flute Obsession volume 1, and there is a sample clip at http://www.worldtrad.org/WFO_CD2.htm . I also recommend his first CD, Le Fonn - some good whistle tracks, too.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
starman

Post by starman »

Blackhawk!! Your signature most likely based on misinformation that Bush gave to everyone, including Kerry.

Mike

p.s. I don't think politics should be introduced into any whistle threads so let's keep it out of our signatures in this forum.

Blackhawk wrote:

"I will be voting to give (Bush)...the authority...to disarm Saddam...because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002."
"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." --Albert Einstein
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

starman wrote:Blackhawk!! Your signature most likely based on misinformation that Bush gave to everyone, including Kerry.

Mike

p.s. I don't think politics should be introduced into any whistle threads so let's keep it out of our signatures in this forum.

Blackhawk wrote:

"I will be voting to give (Bush)...the authority...to disarm Saddam...because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
I couldn't agree more, Starman. Political cheap shots like Chris Laughlin is using should be banned. But they need to be banned for both sides, not just the conservatives. Dale has asked that we all limit our political statements to the political thread. Chris has chosen not to honor that. I'm tired of only the conservatives playing by the rules while the liberals do as they please. Hence my quote.

--Plato
TomB

Post by TomB »

blackhawk wrote:
starman wrote:Blackhawk!! Your signature most likely based on misinformation that Bush gave to everyone, including Kerry.

Mike

Blackhawk wrote:

I couldn't agree more, Starman. Political cheap shots like Chris Laughlin is using should be banned. But they need to be banned for both sides, not just the conservatives. Dale has asked that we all limit our political statements to the political thread. Chris has chosen not to honor that. I'm tired of only the conservatives playing by the rules while the liberals do as they please. Hence my quote.
Starman: If you feel this is a subject that you want to discuss in more detail, I suggest you begin your own OT thread on the issue. Blakhawk's original subject matter is a good one and doesn't deserve to be hijacked into by an issue which is very likely to generate a lot of response.

I'm not suggesting that you don't discuss it, because it could prove to be an interesting discussion, just that you have the discussion on a different thread.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
TomB

Post by TomB »

Duplicate Post. Sorry

Tom
starman

Post by starman »

TomB wrote:
blackhawk wrote:

Mike

Blackhawk wrote:

Starman: If you feel this is a subject that you want to discuss in more detail, I suggest you begin your own OT thread on the issue. Blakhawk's original subject matter is a good one and doesn't deserve to be hijacked into by an issue which is very likely to generate a lot of response.

I'm not suggesting that you don't discuss it, because it could prove to be an interesting discussion, just that you have the discussion on a different thread.

All the Best, Tom
p.s. I'm not a liberal but I think political and religious agendas are inherently flawed and am just tired of them. I did not intend my post to be an endorsement of Kerry or liberals or a condemnation of conservatives. I personally don't like either candidate. I really have nothing to discuss here other than whistles so let's get back to it.

Mike
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Thank you Starman and Tom B. :)
starman

Post by starman »

blackhawk wrote:Thank you Starman and Tom B. :)
'Tis OK. Didn't really want to toe tread.

Mike
TomB

Post by TomB »

blackhawk wrote:Thank you Starman and Tom B. :)
Sure, happy to have "helped."

Just to clarify, I wasn't criticizing either point of view, just wanted to keep this thread on-topic.

All the Best,

Tom