Expert Finds Dandruff in Air Pollutants

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

Cranberry wrote:
1) My hair is beautiful. I've come to the conclusion that Dandruff is not ugly. People just think she is. I don't want to get rid of her. And I'm not. She's part of who I naturally am.
Cran,
You and the Jesuits are gonna have a really great time together.

Slan,
D. :lol:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

dandruff is gross....

whatever....

i just wish you would stop referring to your flakes as she and her...oh god...!!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Flyingcursor wrote:What about that Desitin? How does that compare to the others?
It's a good product, Fly. On the other end, though, if we're thinking of the same one.

In ten years, you mark my words, he's going to be another Ignatius. Valve and all. This must be how they start.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Peggy wrote:In ten years, you mark my words, he's going to be another Ignatius. Valve and all. This must be how they start.

:x It's an abomination!! Ow my valve! I must go suck the jelly out of some doughnuts and then go make people realize how oppressed they are. If only my mother would realize how important my work really is.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
TelegramSam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TelegramSam »

Jeff Stallard wrote:Actually, it sounds to me like you WANT people to think you're weird, that you enjoy people being uncomfortable around you. However, there's a fine line between intriguingly weird and annoyingly weird, and you are concerned about being just weird enough without crossing the line.
Actually I think he's interested in being himself but also in not getting his ass kicked. It's a reasonable motivation I think.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Jack

Post by Jack »

TelegramSam wrote:
Jeff Stallard wrote:Actually, it sounds to me like you WANT people to think you're weird, that you enjoy people being uncomfortable around you. However, there's a fine line between intriguingly weird and annoyingly weird, and you are concerned about being just weird enough without crossing the line.
Actually I think he's interested in being himself but also in not getting his ass kicked. It's a reasonable motivation I think.
Me, too.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

TelegramSam wrote:
'tis indeed,but Cran against the Jesuits will be a interestig battle.
When push comes to shove...Cran will be on his own.
Showtime.

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
Jack

Post by Jack »

dubhlinn wrote:
TelegramSam wrote:
Showtime.

Slan,
D.
I don't think I'm going to really be "against" anybody. You make it sound like I'm at war or something, dubhlinn. I'll simply be a dissenter, someone who disagrees with the majority. It's not exactly unfamiliar territory for me, but like all people we'll have more in common than not. I'm sure I won't be the only dissenter, and I'm sure I will be fine even if I am, dandruff and all. ;)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Cranberry wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:
TelegramSam wrote: Actually I think he's interested in being himself but also in not getting his ass kicked. It's a reasonable motivation I think.
Showtime.

Slan,
D.
I don't think I'm going to really be "against" anybody. You make it sound like I'm at war or something, dubhlinn. I'll simply be a dissenter, someone who disagrees with the majority. It's not exactly unfamiliar territory for me, but like all people we'll have more in common than not. I'm sure I won't be the only dissenter, and I'm sure I will be fine even if I am, dandruff and all. ;)
:lol: :lol:

Cran,
I have had the pleasure of a Jesuit education and believe me, they are not into dissent.
They know how to educate very well,but they have dealing with dissenters worked out to a very fine art.

Maybe times have changed,I am 47 now,but somehow I doubt it... :lol: :lol:

Slan,
D.

W.B.Yeats
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Well Cran I hate to say it, but I think in this case you're probably better off keeping a low profile. I don't know much about Jesuits but if they're anything like they were in James Joyce's days, you're <i>really</i> better off not crossing them. O.o

*throws copies of "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" at you*
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

TelegramSam wrote:Actually I think he's interested in being himself but also in not getting his ass kicked. It's a reasonable motivation I think.
If the depth of one's personality can be expressed through a scalp condition, what does that say about the depth of one's personality?

We are who we choose to be.
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Eh... not really. Not wholly anyhow. Try telling a schizophrenic that he sees monsters coming out the wall because he chooses to. I'll laugh when you get punched in the gut.

And anyhow, who are you so high and mighty to sit there and judge how other people's personalities so harshly?

*balls up your existential nonsense and shoves it sideways up your nose*
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

TelegramSam wrote:And anyhow, who are you so high and mighty to sit there and judge how other people's personalities so harshly?
You just made a judgement about me making judgements. Kind of ironic, isn't it?
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Here's some visual enhancement

I always had this medieval image of Jesuits. Sort of like, "a rack and stake in every monastary". I realize this is the product of bad TV.
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

Yet more visual delights

This is what happens if Paul Bunyan has dandruff.