New (and completely free) US high school reunion website

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

New (and completely free) US high school reunion website

Post by avanutria »

I just found this site yesterday, and it's a heck of a lot better than places like classmates.com where you can't actually contact anyone unless you have paid a fee.

http://www.classreport.com

The only problem is that since it's so new (only established in the last year or two) it's not too well known yet. It needs more advertising, so this post is a word-of-mouth plug. ;)

I don't really want to get back in touch with most of my classmates, though there are a few I miss. Mostly it'd be nice to let them know that the class misfit managed to have a good life after all :D
emmline

Post by emmline »

It's my experience that that sense of misfittedness can change with time.
I've been to 10, 20, and 25 year reunions and enjoyed talking to people whom I really had nothing to do with back then. Oddly, I even have several friendly acquaintances in town nowadays who were former cheerleaders. (I was a geek.)
I think that when you go to reunions, you find that that person who's changed is yourself, and you then hit it off with almost anyone else who has also grown in maturity and confidence, regardless of their former pigeonhole.
There is, however, always (even at 25 years!) an element of folks who seemed to get stuck at age 17, but you can pretty much overlook them and let them snigger amongst themselves.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

emmline wrote:It's my experience that that sense of misfittedness can change with time.
I've been to 10, 20, and 25 year reunions and enjoyed talking to people whom I really had nothing to do with back then. Oddly, I even have several friendly acquaintances in town nowadays who were former cheerleaders. (I was a geek.)
I think that when you go to reunions, you find that that person who's changed is yourself, and you then hit it off with almost anyone else who has also grown in maturity and confidence, regardless of their former pigeonhole.
There is, however, always (even at 25 years!) an element of folks who seemed to get stuck at age 17, but you can pretty much overlook them and let them snigger amongst themselves.
Very good observations, Em.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com