Brad Angus set on Ebay

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Brad Angus set on Ebay

Post by BigDavy »

On Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Uilleann-Pipes-by ... dZViewItem

Brad Angus C set.

Hey PJ you're slipping :lol:

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

:o . Buy it now - $4850. That's VERY cheap.
PJ

Post by Guest »

you know his pipes pj ???
The Sporting Pitchfork
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by The Sporting Pitchfork »

Nice pipes, indeed. And a very good price to boot. I hope it winds up in a good home...
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Albert McGuinness wrote:you know his pipes pj ???
Just by reputation. But BA's website contains a price list and a full set of his pipes are in the region of $7,000.
PJ
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

Patrick, are you familiar with the set?
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

I just purchased these pipes somewhat impulsivley and sort of by accident I pushed the confirm sale button. :oops: ..while i was trying to get a hold of Patrick, Kevin Reitman, David Power, Brad Angus just to learn more about them..couldnt raise anybody and before ya know it " you purchased" ..I can't imagine going wrong here because I am aware of Brads fine work....but if I made a mistake please PM me on it. And if anyone has abotu 5k to lend me ...the misses is gonna freak.. :sniffle: .I'll be selling some other pipes to defray the cost.stay tuned or in tune
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

I can't imagine anything going wrong either. I was just curious about Patrick's experience with the set since that was mentioned in the listing.
PJ

Post by PJ »

Well done. I'm sure you made a good decision.
PJ
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Howdy Yaughal,

I saw the set when the seller first got them, I guess it was 2002... feels a lot longer ago!

I couldn't say any more than that having no real experience with them.

Patrick.
bagpipe_bomb

Post by bagpipe_bomb »

I dont think you can go too wrong with that set. I don't know it specifically, but I have played Brad's stuff (b chanter and now a full set) for a while now and I have had no problems. great tonal color, good e's with various reeds, great responsiveness for super tight playing plus I have had very good luck tweaking/adjusting reeds for climate etc. I was wondering how long it would last up there as that is a pretty good discount.

Enjoy it. I had to trade my wife two 10 day vacations without the kids (Mexico and Alaska) for my full set.

-Don
glands

Post by glands »

I had to trade my wife two 10 day vacations without the kids (Mexico and Alaska) for my full set.
There are indeed many unforseen expenses associated with Uilleann piping......same is true in the realm of painting.
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Mypipes wrote:I just purchased these pipes somewhat impulsivley and sort of by accident I pushed the confirm sale button. :oops: ..while i was trying to get a hold of Patrick, Kevin Reitman
Who?
Maybe I'll change my name to "i before e, two n's"
I know that set, played it a few times my ownself and it's a good machine, early work for Brad. Have fun with them!
BzzzzT
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by BzzzzT »

Brad makes nice pipes.

I had a Bb chanter by him. I sadly had to sell it because I could not take the finger stretch. It was a wonderful chanter. I want to bug him about making me a C# set when I get the cash.

Brad's craftsmanship is over the top, he rolls all his ferrals and really goes all out with turning and aesthetic. The overall effect of the pipes is person is great. He has a half set of narrow bore D pipes out here that are some of the most beautiful pipes I have seen.

We have two Angus D narrow bore half sets out here. They are in tune, and have a VERY nice tone and response. Brad is also really helpful as a pipemaker with any problems you might have, and unlike many pipemakers Brad can keep to a delivery schedule. A very hardworking guy.

I am sure the owner will enjoy the set.
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

As it turns out I was duped into thinking I had accidently pushed the "confirm sale" button on these pipes...My wife had accessed the site and purchased them after I had intitially called her about the proposed purrchase while I was doing homework on the set I go back to Ebay and find out I had purchased........she then clandestinely accessed and arranged payment and all ..the pipes are on the way ...God I Love her!!! :D she plays fiddle and is partial to the C pipes. :P

I expect some reed work when the pipes arrive and will keep all posted.
Apologies to Kiven REITmun I maen Ritmann uhhh Retman uh whats his face??? :D

Here it is .....Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann Kevin Rietmann 100 times!!!!! :boggle: