Do squirrels eat robins?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Cybor-squirrels! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

:boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

jsluder wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:...
In recent years, they perfected special circuitry which they have implanted into each other. According to a government study that I think I may have read last night at about 3:00 a.m. (I think I remember taking delivery of a copy of the report from a mute, translucent woman who appeared at my door), approximately 30% of American red squirrels are now implanted with electronics and approximately 45% of grey squirrels are similarly equipped. This allows the world's population of squirrels to communicate via the WI-FI networks that are proliferating in suburban and urban areas. Once the squirrel internet-based network is fully operational, they will be able to occupy not only my attic, but the attics of virtually all homes. ...
That explains the squirrel-lichen spam I keep getting in my inbox.
Oh.... my.... GAWD!!! De-ja-vu!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

... after devouring a feast of no less than three adult robins, this little fellow needed a nap.

followed by vigorous exercise.

jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
jsluder wrote:That explains the squirrel-lichen spam I keep getting in my inbox.
Oh.... my.... GAWD!!! De-ja-vu!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

jsluder wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:...
In recent years, they perfected special circuitry which they have implanted into each other. According to a government study that I think I may have read last night at about 3:00 a.m. (I think I remember taking delivery of a copy of the report from a mute, translucent woman who appeared at my door), approximately 30% of American red squirrels are now implanted with electronics and approximately 45% of grey squirrels are similarly equipped. This allows the world's population of squirrels to communicate via the WI-FI networks that are proliferating in suburban and urban areas. Once the squirrel internet-based network is fully operational, they will be able to occupy not only my attic, but the attics of virtually all homes. ...
That explains the squirrel-lichen spam I keep getting in my inbox.
Now you're getting with the program. Delete all of that stuff unopened, Man.

And do not, I repeat, do NOT give a squirrel your credit card information or anything like that. They've already got my social security number, so it's too late for me. Save yourself.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

DaleWisely wrote:And do not, I repeat, do NOT give a squirrel your credit card information or anything like that. They've already got my social security number, so it's too late for me. Save yourself.
It's worse than you think...
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

That's not the True Squirrel Pope. It's the Squirrel Anti-Pope.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Dale, I spoke with NORAT (the Northern Ontario Robin Anti-squirrel Team; and no, I don't know why they're headquartered in northern Ontario), and they managed to smuggle out this photo of your attic:

You're screwed, dude.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

DaleWisely wrote:
jsluder wrote:That explains the squirrel-lichen spam I keep getting in my inbox.
Now you're getting with the program. Delete all of that stuff unopened, Man.
Several of them were advertising a video called "Squirrels Go Wild!" Apparently, it's about college campus squirrels on spring break.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Damn dirty little e-squirrels!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

True story: I work in a retirement community that is considered a better nature preserve than most state parks because there is so much wildlife. it's a closed valley with only one entrance and has lotsa deer, turkeys, coyotes, eagles, hawks and even the occasional lion. www.rossmoor.com

Unfortunately, there is a fair amount of roadkill. And yes, a cuuute widdle squiwwel was sighted chewing on the corpse of his own species along the parkway. There are so many in the valley that I always wonder about available food sources...

Soylent Squirrel.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

The Weekenders wrote:True story: I work in a retirement community that is considered a better nature preserve than most state parks because there is so much wildlife. it's a closed valley with only one entrance and has lotsa deer, turkeys, coyotes, eagles, hawks and even the occasional lion. www.rossmoor.com

Unfortunately, there is a fair amount of roadkill. And yes, a cuuute widdle squiwwel was sighted chewing on the corpse of his own species along the parkway. There are so many in the valley that I always wonder about available food sources...

Soylent Squirrel.
Soylent Squirrel is.......S Q U I R R E L ! !
Jack

Post by Jack »

Well, I do have experience with former pet rats eating other rats who've died and mice eating other mice who've died, so I wouldn't be surprised that a squirrel (their close relative) might nibble on dead animals as well, but it surprised me greatly to see this one run down a bird and try to eat it.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Me too. I know they steal and eat bird eggs.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

These are just the first rumblings... a dog here... a bird there... the occasional rabbit... but soon... there's fixin' to be a squirrel revolt.

When the revolution comes, ain't no squirrel gonna be watching it on TV!
Reasonable person
Walden