John Mock Question

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Kim in Tulsa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kim in Tulsa »

I loved Picard playing the pennywhistle in "The Inner Light" and I also just love hearing the whistle in "Concerning Hobbits" but my all-time favorite whistle music (so far) is the music John Mock plays on Michael Card's Album "Starkindler". I'm telling you, it just reaches out and grabs you and breaks your heart to pieces.

My question is, does anyone know if John Mock has an album out where he is featured playing the whistle, instead of just in the background? Or even another album where he is featured predominately?

It was Mock's playing that convinced me I should give it a try. I sound so miserable compared to him though...

Kim
"Whistling women and crowing hens never come to no good end"
JayMitch

Post by JayMitch »

Kim,

The Barnes & Noble web site has a feature that cross references everyone credited on an album to other albums in which they also appear. Go to http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/ ... 4646965221 and scroll down until you find your man. Click on his name and you will get a list of other albums that credit him. It's a bit of a surprising list, in this case. Looks like mostly American folk, country and contemporary Christian.

I was surprised to see Chris Abell also credited as playing "Irish whistle" on this same album. Does anyone know if this is the same Chris Abell that makes the Abell whistles and flutes? If it's the same guy, I didn't realize he performed.

--Jay

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JayMitch on 2002-06-13 13:33 ]</font>
sbruyette

Post by sbruyette »

I believe it is the same Chris Abell. He also played with Sarah Bauhan on the Untamed Grasses CD. Sarah plays Abell whistles also.
Susan
Kim in Tulsa

Post by Kim in Tulsa »

I didn't realize there were two whistle players and a wood flute player on the album! I didn't look at the credits very well, did I?!

Did you listen to any of the clips at the B&N site? "Morning has Broken" has a beautiful whistle in it.

My six year old loves "The Blarney Pilgram" (track #8).

Gotta get off the computer...our famous winds are sweepin' down the plain. Hope they don't blow my house away! :wink:

Kim
"Whistling women and crowing hens never come to no good end"
JayMitch

Post by JayMitch »