Gary Humphrey whistle review

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Gary Humphrey whistle review

Post by pipersgrip »

First off, i just want to say how nice of a guy Gary is. He is very friendly and helpful, and he is a very easy guy to talk to. I enjoyed him a lot. His whistles are just as nice as he is. You can really tell his whistles are a reflection of how he is. Just to let you know, I have an older version, not a newer one. But I am sure that his newer ones are just as good, or actually probably better than his old(else he wouldn't have changed it). I fell instantly in love with his whistle. It really moved to one of my favorites, I put it on the top shelf with the O'Riordan. His whistle actually reminds me of an O'Riordan, it has such a nice sweetness to it. It is the perfect volume and whistle to bring to a pub or session. It won't get drowned out, or overpower the other instruments. I get so many compliments on it. The bottom octave has such a wonderful tone to it, but the magic is in the higher octave. This baby can sing when you hit the High A and B. It isn't shrill or harsh to the ears at all, just a beautiful pleasant sound. It has the perfect blend of chiff and sweetness. This whistle is very responsive, I have no problem playing slow airs or fast reels. It is easy for ornamentation on this. It is in great tune, I had no problem at all with the tuning. I can play a song without running out of breath on it. You can go a while without breathing, so the air requirements are very low. Switching from octaves is perfect, you can really push the lower octave without squeaking, but you can switch octaves without effort. Clogging is common, but I am a wet player. Overall, this is truly one of my favorites in my collection, which goes to show you you can have an awesome whistle for an awesome price. If you are looking for a great whistle for under $100, then you found it. I will be buying another one of these babies, I can't wait to get an A. If I forgot anything, then I will add it in.

Thank You,
Jon.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
rodfish
antispam: No

Post by rodfish »

I have one of his older D's as well; great whistle. My favorite so far.
"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
jmiller
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jmiller »

[
His whistle actually reminds me of an O'Riordan, it has such a nice sweetness to it. It is the perfect volume and whistle to bring to a pub or session. It won't get drowned out, or overpower
I had sold my O'Riordan's before I received my Stealth D/C set so I couldn't do a direct comparison, but my first impression when I played them was that they reminded me of the O'Riordan set I used to have.
pastorkeith
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Gary Humphrey

Post by pastorkeith »

I have a LOW F and it is just awesome on Slow Airs - a substantial whistle with an incredible sound.
pastorkeith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa