Anywhere to learn dance?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Hey! Wait a minute! What's THIS?

First we had "kite123" wanting to know about hip-hop, and now we have "jonny123" who provides a link to this book about it . . . newly registered only one day apart . . .

. . . and both of them exhibit the same writing style, which has a bit of an oddly distinctive quality about it . . . a kind of grammatical off-ness, if you will . . .

. . . and which . . . curiously enough . . . rather matches that of the website with the hip-hopping book . . .

This wouldn't be . . . sp*m . . . would it? Oh, tell me it's not so!

Where is a moderatorer? Someone . . . please alert a moderatorer . . . Alan! You're up now, I'm sure . . . where is the sp*m spray?

Oh, you know, just when you think you've gotten all of them, out comes another one . . .

. . . and the pictures on that website are not humanly possible, anyway.
Cotelette d'Agneau
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Anywhere to learn dance?

Post by MTGuru »

jonny123 wrote:the most popular book for creating magic in dancing.
I already know how to create magic in dancing. When I hit the dance floor, all the beautiful women vanish.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

What you need, MT, are a pair of those trainers, you know, with your own personally designed logo on the side!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Bothrops
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Bothrops »

Not spam, but a TROLL!

Troll, return to your cave!!! (I love to say this, lol)
Ronbo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ronbo »

Bothrops wrote:Not spam, but a TROLL!

Troll, return to your cave!!! (I love to say this, lol)

Oh come now, wouldn't you LOVE to have a troll? It would be handy for the heavy yardwork. :D
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:Hey! Wait a minute! What's THIS?

First we had "kite123" wanting to know about hip-hop, and now we have "jonny123" who provides a link to this book about it . . . newly registered only one day apart . . .

. . . and both of them exhibit the same writing style, which has a bit of an oddly distinctive quality about it . . . a kind of grammatical off-ness, if you will . . .

. . . and which . . . curiously enough . . . rather matches that of the website with the hip-hopping book . . .

Where is a moderatorer? Someone . . . please alert a moderatorer . . . Alan! You're up now, I'm sure . . . where is the sp*m spray?

Oh, you know, just when you think you've gotten all of them, out comes another one . . .

If it's spam, it's curiously anemic and unvigorous spam.

Excuse me. I have to go bust a move. Or whatever you young hepcats call it these days.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Oh. Well, then nevermind. Dance on!
Cotelette d'Agneau
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

Lambchop wrote:
hyldemoer wrote:Folks, this might sound strange but "Hip Hop" is a major popular class at Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago.
http://oldtownschool.org/classes/regist ... ourse=1018
Sounds fun! It would appear that "Boogie McClarin" is the most popular instructor. :)
I noticed most of Boogie's classes were at the Lincoln ave campus. Parking is better there. There's lots of room in Bookie's Friday night class but perhaps taking a class on a Friday evening is a bit like stamping "total looser" on your forehead?

But it might be Boogie that's drawing in the crowd. The last class of any semester most of the classes perform in a recital and I've noticed that the dance classes with the cutest teachers tend to be the biggest.

It probably wouldn't be surprising if Boogie's Hip Hop class was full of mostly guys.

BTW, if a fiddle or banjo class does the recital thing at the end of a semester its always off campus at a bar.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Innocent Bystander wrote:What you need, MT, are a pair of those trainers, you know, with your own personally designed logo on the side!
I feel a logo design contest coming on ... :P

Hey, this is a great example of turning a flame-bait posting into a fun thread!
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Lambchop wrote:Hey! Wait a minute! What's THIS?

You're making too much of this, Lamby. Just because two people have the same family name, doesn't mean they're related, or anything. It's just a coincidence, like the coincidence that they're both interested in the same kind of dance. I wonder if either of them belong to the Minnesota 123s?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Come to think of it, that's right. Do you have any idea how many Andersons - to name just one example - we have crawling about the place, here? The possibility of inbreeding is practically nil.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician