whistle return No retirado No reclame

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tommy
antispam: No

whistle return No retirado No reclame

Post by Tommy »

Back in the first week of April I mailed a black walnut whistle to Spain. Today it came back with a sticker on it that had the words ''No retirado, No reclame'' on it. Can someone translate that?

The ends of the mailing tube were badly damaged but the whistle was in the middle unharmed. :) I do not use the mailing tubes from the post office.
I bought some from a place called Yazoo. Yazoo tubes are over twice the thickness of a tube from the post office.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

"Not picked up, Unclaimed" I believe.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

MTGuru wrote:"Not picked up, Unclaimed" I believe.
Thank you.
azw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by azw »

Yep, I think MT nailed it.

I wonder if the address was written in a way that made it undeliverable? It could have been a spelling problem, but addresses also have a slightly different format in Spain.

name
street name, street number, apartment number
zip code, [section of town,] city, province, country
Art Zoller Wagner
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

If the importation taxes or brokerage fees are unexpectedly high, or if it looks damaged, or even if the buyer gets cold feet, then he may decide not to claim the item. The buyer can then pursue a claim, particularly if the payment was Paypal because he can say he never actually received the item. Anyway, that's my conspiracy theory for today.
azw

Post by azw »

That's an interesting thought, Guinness.

What happens if you sell something, collect the payment with PayPal and then the buyer refuses delivery?

Does the seller have to refund everything by the shipping fees?

And what happens to the fees that payPal charges? Does the seller get a refund of the transaction fees for the amount that the seller had to refund?
Art Zoller Wagner
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

Tommy,

I think MTGuru didn't quite translate that correctly. Instead it reads "Please pass this whistle on, without charge, to someone who lives on an island in the Pacific." That's a rough translation, but is more or less accurate. :)
Keith
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Hmmmm.... . . . there are only about 20,000 or 30,000 islands in the Pacific. I will have to check my directory to see how many people I know there. Guess the fair way to decide would be the first one to send me a round trip ticket with a few days in a nice hotel, gets the complementary whistle delivered.
Blaydo

Post by Blaydo »

azw wrote:That's an interesting thought, Guinness.

What happens if you sell something, collect the payment with PayPal and then the buyer refuses delivery?

And what happens to the fees that payPal charges? Does the seller get a refund of the transaction fees for the amount that the seller had to refund?
Yes the seller has to refund everything including the shipping fees.

When you make a refund by Paypal you get your fees back, in fact what actually happens is, say for example you want to refund $100 and your fees on that were $5, well Paypal take $95 from your account and they add the $5 themselves.

That's the good news, the bad news is that Paypal is the most dangerous method of receiving payments. They are not regulated like a bank so they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want. Chargeback fraud is becoming more and more rampant on ebay since they've brought in changes giving buyers all the power over transactions.

You'll find on Google that the words "Paypal" and "Fraud" go hand in hand, but heres a popular site you should read if you plan on accepting Paypal payments:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/
azw

Post by azw »

Thanks, that's rather disturbing, isn't it?
Art Zoller Wagner
Ronbo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ronbo »

Blaydo wrote:
azw wrote:That's an interesting thought, Guinness.

Yes the seller has to refund everything including the shipping fees.

When you make a refund by Paypal you get your fees back, in fact what actually happens is, say for example you want to refund $100 and your fees on that were $5, well Paypal take $95 from your account and they add the $5 themselves.

That's the good news, the bad news is that Paypal is the most dangerous method of receiving payments. They are not regulated like a bank so they can pretty much do whatever the hell they want. Chargeback fraud is becoming more and more rampant on ebay since they've brought in changes giving buyers all the power over transactions.

You'll find on Google that the words "Paypal" and "Fraud" go hand in hand, but heres a popular site you should read if you plan on accepting Paypal payments:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/
Very true. If you get into a dispute and paypal decides against you, you have given them the right to plunder your bank account, and they will with the same abandon that Bally, Inc. will plunder it to collect your "fitness club" fees for the fitness club that you are no longer using. Both of them suck.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Tommy wrote:Hmmmm.... . . . there are only about 20,000 or 30,000 islands in the Pacific. I will have to check my directory to see how many people I know there. Guess the fair way to decide would be the first one to send me a round trip ticket with a few days in a nice hotel, gets the complementary whistle delivered.
I think that would be the fair thing to do. :D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

blackhawk wrote:
Tommy wrote:Hmmmm.... . . . there are only about 20,000 or 30,000 islands in the Pacific. I will have to check my directory to see how many people I know there. Guess the fair way to decide would be the first one to send me a round trip ticket with a few days in a nice hotel, gets the complementary whistle delivered.
I think that would be the fair thing to do. :D
I agree completely. The ticket, as they say, is in the mail. Let me know when it arrives. I'll be waiting to hear. :sleep:
Keith
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Well, I did send the buyer an email, and they offered to pay shipping again. So I see no evidence of a scam. Just some poor mail handling.

Hmmmm... . . . so if tickets are on the way, I will have to make and offer a different whistle, or send the tickets back. It will be OK if I only receive tickets from one Island, but if the other 20,000 or 30,000 :boggle: send tickets. I may have to buy another machine. Then if there is a quake and California shifts into the pacific, there might be a few more Islands in the pacific. And this only started as a hobby. Uh,,,, I need to go back to work now.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Tommy wrote:Then if there is a quake and California shifts into the pacific, there might be a few more Islands in the pacific.
Oh, cool. I should send you a ticket, just in case. Same terms as Keith, of course. :wink:
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.