FS: Terry McGee keyless Gidgee wood unlined flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
ElaineT
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by ElaineT »

I'm going to miss having the McGee flute around town. I've been borrowing it from Michael for the past few years whenever my instruments have needed repair. It's a very lightweight, free-blowing instrument that is a pleasure to play. It has a warm, even tone with enough power for session playing and the intonation is solid.
fluteboy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fluteboy »

I have played Michael's McGee before and it blew me away. Loud, warm, silky and as easy to play as anything I have ever tried. You know how a lot of flutes have some resistance in the second octave when you are hopping between notes, and you have to slyly puff harder or slide a few notes to stay in pitch or keep clarity? None whatsoever from this flute. You can literally do almost anything you want and the flute lets you. Extremely forgiving. And it is light, too. Wish I had the dough for this instrument, but I am suffering from too many instruments as it is! Whoever buys this little gem, you will not be disappointed!

Zac