Anyone know anything about Bently acoustic guitars?

Our first forum for instruments you don't blow.
tsf999
antispam: No

Anyone know anything about Bently acoustic guitars?

Post by tsf999 »

I picked up a Bently acoustic guitar at a garage sale for 5 bucks and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about them. The label inside the sound hole reads "Bently Artiste Guitars Model 4295 Made in Korea". There's also a serial number inside on the base of the neck that I believe reads "8101057".

I'll include a few pics.

Thanks,
Dave

crookedtune
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Anyone know anything about Bently acoustic guitars?

Post by crookedtune »

There are a number of guitar factories in Korea that turn out thousands of acoustic and electric guitars, with a wide variety of labels, depending on the intended market. Many of them are quite good, most are mediocre, and some are terrible. (My own acoustic is labeled 'Parkwood', and comes from the same factory that makes 'Cort' guitars. It's not world-class, but it's decent, and I like it a lot).

Your guitar looks to be a student-grade classical (nylon-strung) guitar. If it's in playable condition, it might not sound half bad. I'd place its value between $75 and $150. You got a bargain! :)
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
tsf999

Post by tsf999 »

Thanks for the quick and informative reply!

I just need to buy a string and then start annoying everyone in the house :)
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Might be worth taking it to a good guitar shop and letting them give it a quick once over. The action might need a bit of a tweak, which is not an expensive fix but could make a huge difference in how it plays. Congrats on what looks like a real bargain.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!