FS: 2 Stephane Morvan Flutes (+ bansuri & turkish ney)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
SylvainBarou
antispam: No

FS: 2 Stephane Morvan Flutes (+ bansuri & turkish ney)

Post by SylvainBarou »

1 keyless Stephane Morvan flute in D in Mopani. Boosey model. (1000€)
1 truly exceptional 6 keyed cocus Stephane Morvan in D. Boosey model as well. (3500€) SOLD
also :
1 bass bansuri in C (C is SA= when 3 fingers closed so it plays down to low G when all holes closed!) 6 holed made by Harsh Wardhan (200€)
http://www.wardhan.com
1 turkish ney in Mansur Şah Mabeyni (G#) made by master Rifat Varol from İstanbul. Horn mouthpiece (boynuz başpare) (150€)
http://www.neyneva.com

-The keyless Morvan is not mine but Stephane asked me to put it for sale here for him. It is a prototype of his new Boosey model. I played it for a couple of hours and it is a savage flute! He usually charges 1300 for a keyless but he agrees to let it go for 1000.

PM or email me if interested and I will forward to Stephane.

-My 6 keyed in cocus will be available in 3 months (waiting for my 8 keyed and I won't be able to keep 2 flutes which look and sound exactly the same.)
it's a great great instrument, I used it on many recent recordings, including the Guidewires album. It's a great combination of the warm and creamy tone of a Rudall and the power and large thick sound of a Pratten. It also has astonishing resonance. Needless to say that the tuning is perfect and so is the overall condition of the flute. Keys and large rings are silver. The long F and C are hand forged. I find it so easy to play, in every situation (stage, studio, noisy pub...)

PM or email me if interested.

Now, a bit off topic, but I am selling a very nice bansuri made by Harsh Wardhan. It's a bass C so it's a pretty large flute, but the fact that it is 6 holed makes it shorter than the usual 7 or or 8 holed bansuris (venting holes) so the stretch is actually okay for such a big flute.
tuning is perfectly A=440 and it sounds lovely on 2 and 1/2 octaves. It's a great rare bansuri as it is difficult to find such a great quality bamboo of this size and diameter. (lenght= approx 85cm)

Also a very good professional quality turkish ney made by Rifat Varol/ Ney Nava workshop in İstanbul.
mouthpiece is in buffalo horn, the best material for başpare (the ney embouchure)
it is easier to play than a lot of neys I have tried, has nice round bass and reedy tone.
sorry for the low quality of the pictures...

I'm selling all these to help to finance for new flutes from Mr Morvan.

By the way some of you are probably wondering if I ever got my stolen flutes back. Of course the answer is no.
And according to the belgian police the flutes were destroyed (they only wanted to steal the laptop. As the flutes were inside the computer bag, they must have thrown them away in the surrounding dustbins of the Brussels train station. :x ) But I still keep eyes wide opened on ebay, etc... we never know, sometimes instruments are found back after years and years.

cheers,

Sylvain
Last edited by SylvainBarou on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trip-
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: FS: 2 Stephane Morvan Flutes (+ bansuri & turkish ney)

Post by Trip- »

The cocus keyed flute just looks too sexy to play! I'm drooling here... arggg! no money ;/
Blackwood

Post by Blackwood »

I just received an 8 key Morvan in cocus a few weeks ago (see the pics that Sylvain posted in the flute pic thread page 41).

The flute is superb with exquisite craftsmanship. Having played and owned many makers including some excellent examples of Rudalls and Prattens I can state without reservation that Stephane's work is among the very top of makers. Very impressive.
I fully recommend it.

I also own a 6 key Cocus Olwell which is an absolute dream flute, so I consider myself in Flute Nirvana....
Calum Stewart

Post by Calum Stewart »

Can defiantly vouch for Stephane's cocus flutes, really top stuff. Played with him last week were there were more than a few of his flutes barking...
great wood, great flutes, great maker!

good luck with the sale Sylvain.
Calum

www.myspace.com/calumfrancisstewart
SylvainBarou

Post by SylvainBarou »

The 6 keyed cocus has been sold.
SylvainBarou

Re: FS: 2 Stephane Morvan Flutes (+ 2 bansuris & turkish ney)

Post by SylvainBarou »

I am adding a very nice G bansuri for sale.
Made by Anubodh http://www.anubodh.com/

140Euros
it is 26 inches long and plays down to D (SA=G) similar size & pitch as the wooden flute.
recently retuned to play perfectly at A=440

the other bansuri (bass bansuri in C by Harsh Wardhan) and the turkish ney are still for sale.

The Keyless Morvan is still available too.

cheers,

Sylvain
SylvainBarou

Post by SylvainBarou »

The bass bansuri in C has been sold.

Due to a cancelled purchase, the Morvan keyless in D is still available for sale.

Happy new year!

Sylvain
SylvainBarou

Post by SylvainBarou »

The ney has just been sold.

The Morvan keyless flute is still looking for a new home!

I am adding another instrument to the sale :
- a very nice armenian duduk in C made by master Hovsep Grigoryan + a very good reed.
150€
daeron

Post by daeron »

Hello
I have some interest in the :bass bansuri in C by Harsh Wardhan
You can send me a PM to speak about it.

Bye.
SylvainBarou

Re: FS: 2 Stephane Morvan Flutes (+ bansuri & turkish ney) SOLD

Post by SylvainBarou »

sorry everything was sold a few months ago, forgot to update the topic.