Sheet Music for Last of the Mohicans Music

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sheet Music for Last of the Mohicans Music

Post by PhilO »

Any help here re key, sheet music for whistle/flute for that unbelievable theme as they're running up the side of the mountain killing each other like they're step dancing would be greatly appreciated. (Daniel Day Lewis version of the movie)

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Blaydo

Re: Sheet Music for Last of the Mohicans Music

Post by Blaydo »

I haven't seen the movie so not sure which one you mean, but the main theme tune is a Scottish march called The Gael, is that one you're looking for? If it is I can upload it later for you.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Yes, that's it! Last night after 7 straight hours writing a report, I happened to catch that last battle scene with the rousing Gael in the background and I was, well, roused. I searched this morning and found many Scottish piper renditions that were wonderful, one really good fiddle rendition, a horrible techno version, and a whistle version that was hard to recognize as the same tune. I guess some tunes heard as played by bands or full orchestras don't translate well to a whistle solo.

In any event, I couldn't find sheet music, so I really appreciate your kind offer whenever you get around to it. Maybe I'll hook up with other instruments after I've learned the tune. Thanks again.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
ahogrelius
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just trying to update my profile. I need to change my location since I no longer is living in Sweden. I'm still playing the whistle though for the most time I'm just a lurker on the Chiff and Fipple board.

Post by ahogrelius »

The search function at "The Session" (http://www.thesession.org) is your friend.

X:1
T:The Gael
M:6/8
L:1/8
K:D dorian
|~A,3 FED|EDC DCG,|~A,3 FED|EDC DCA,|
|~C3 ~E3|GEE EDE|~C3 ~E3|GEE EDE|
|~F3 FEF|GFF FED|~E3 EDE|GEE EDC|
|D3 DCD|FED EDC|DED DCD|FED EDC|

You can convert it to sheetmusic with Concertina.net's ABC Convert-A-Matic (http://www.concertina.net/tunes_convert.html)

Cheers
A.
If tin whistles are made of tin, what are foghorns made of?
Blaydo

Post by Blaydo »

Ok I've uploaded the version we play as a group. I don't know if it's the same as the previous poster's one from the session.org. Just a few things, at the end of Bar 2 & 4 we play EDB instead of whats there ECA. Also rolls sound good at the start of every 2 bars, this is how I heard it on a nice fiddle version. With the ones on 9/11/13/15 as 4 note rolls.

http://chlnvln.com/bongo/Gael_SheetMusic.jpg

We also do that harmony bit you hear on the soundtrack.
Last edited by Blaydo on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaydo

Post by Blaydo »

ahogrelius wrote:The search function at "The Session" (http://www.thesession.org) is your friend.
That doesn't look whistle friendly at all at all when you convert it.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Thanks guys. I went to the Session (which I forgot I already am a member of) and followed a discussion link and got to the sheet music you just provided me. I'm an old horse and learn from ear and sheet music, not ABC notation. I could see right away the tune as recognizable. (Though a bunch of you will probably have to come over to make it sound really rousing). Thanks so much.

Philo
Blaydo

Post by Blaydo »

Yeh, it's a real fiddle one this.