For Sale - Lynch 5 Key Chanter w/ BK reed

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
maze
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

For Sale - Lynch 5 Key Chanter w/ BK reed

Post by maze »

Putting out feelers to see if anyone might be interested in my Lynch chanter. I love this thing but am still severely in debt and running out of things to sell... have 1916 Clark Harp as well... but back on topic:

Chanter is cocobola (as I recall - either that or rosewood) with a brass windcap and art ivory mounts. It was made in the early 90's according to Kirk - was made for Jerry O'Sullivan initially. One of the mounts has some chips taken out of it from almost 20 years of constant use, but it should be easy to replace if someone wants to. The top guard-block (one that protects the long high D key) chipped away on one side, but it does not impede the movement of the key (at least it hasn't for me)... so there is some wear and tear on the stick.

In 2003, Benedict Koehler made a reed for it that miraculously changed the soul of the chanter... plays with light pressure but has some punch to it. Can hear it on the one track on the An Triur iTunes or www.myspace.com/antriur recording for King of the Faeries (please forgive the playing).

If interested, please send an email to maze@ufl.edu. Have more bills to pay (including P.D'A.'s)
Maze
magroibin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: For Sale - Lynch 5 Key Chanter w/ BK reed

Post by magroibin »

Awww, come on...PICS man PICS!

I used to have a Lynch chanter of a similar vintage. They are great chanters indeed!...but do tend to be a bit "ballsy".
And yes I am aware that BK is indeed able to tame those chanters quite nicely with his by working his arundo mojo.
Great stuff.
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Re: For Sale - Lynch 5 Key Chanter w/ BK reed

Post by PJ »

It was made in the early 90's according to Kirk - was made for Jerry O'Sullivan initially
On Jerry's 1998 CD "The Gift" he uses a Lynch D chanter on many of the tracks. Could this be the same one? If so, it's a very nice chanter indeed.
PJ