Mystery Tune - Barn dance Scene - Back to the Future Part 3

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Whistler from Oz
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a whistle and fiddle player, just getting back into session music now. I play a variety of instruments and love sharing the sound with others. As many of you may experience, the music is a spiritual connection and sacred time for me. The hand of the giver is never empty as they say. Blessings to all. Aaron

Mystery Tune - Barn dance Scene - Back to the Future Part 3

Post by Whistler from Oz »

Hi Y'all.

This is a long shot :-? , but I've been trying for a while to discover the name of the tune in the barn dance scene in the movie "back to the future Part 3".

For those who have seen it, it is the scene where Marty (Michael J Fox) saves Doc (Christopher Lloyd) by throwing a pie plate like a frisbee. This will sound obscure if you haven't seen the movie, but if you have and know the name of the Irish tune they play, I'd love to know it's name so I can get the full music.

In the meantime, I'll try to get a sound file of the music so people can hear the tune.

Best wishes to all
Whistler from Oz
"Blessings to all"
Hotblack

Re: Mystery Tune - Barn dance Scene - Back to the Future Part 3

Post by Hotblack »

Have you tried Googling? Five minutes searching brought up THIS ANSWER.

I assume you mean the scene with ZZ Top as the band. I'll leave you to find out any more.
Cheers

David

I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.
Folk312
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Folk312 »

If you have access to Grooveshark.com in Australia, you can find to the tune under 'Doubleback' by Alan Silvestri, album: Back To The Future III.
Gooveshark is a website that streams music, and you don't have to become a member to listen to their music database.

Here is the link to their songs titled 'Doubleback', including the ZZ Top version:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/ ... doubleback
Whistler from Oz
Tell us something.: I'm a whistle and fiddle player, just getting back into session music now. I play a variety of instruments and love sharing the sound with others. As many of you may experience, the music is a spiritual connection and sacred time for me. The hand of the giver is never empty as they say. Blessings to all. Aaron

Hi there

Thanks for your responses Hotblack & Folk312.

The song sounds great in that link to Grooveshark.

Haven't had any luck locating some dots to learn the tune and they may not exist. May have to learn it straight from the sound-clip.

Best wishes
Whistler from Oz
"Blessings to all"
Whistler from Oz

I correct myself - sheet music is available here:

http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/sc ... =SC0005473

Cheers
Whistler from Oz
"Blessings to all"