whistlers in NJ

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
rossmpfc13
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rossmpfc13 »

So anyway, are there any people here who are from New Jersey?

It seems like I'm the only one...
-Ross
jimr

Post by jimr »

You've got Mike Copeland and myself in South Jersey.
Jim
Jim_B1
antispam: No

Post by Jim_B1 »

I'm stuck here too. I'm in Bloomfield about an hour north of you.
-Jim
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Hey ross,

I escaped from NJ in 1970.

Vinny
"Grace . . . It travels outside of Karma."
- Bono -
Jim_B1

Post by Jim_B1 »

I'm probably going to ask to visit Mike Copeland and Jim R at the shop in Philly next month after the holidays to check out one of his new flutes, anyone in NJ feel like making a day of it? With his permission of course. I'm not sure he'd like a lot of people raiding the shop :smile:

I may never be the best, but I can always be better than I am now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jim_B1 on 2002-12-12 08:51 ]</font>
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Mike Rafferty and his daughter Mary live in New Jersey. I hear Mike is a fantastic teacher, and I imagine that Mary is as well. You might try e-mailing Mary to find out where they live and whether they are currently teaching. You may find her e-mail address on the Cherish the Ladies homepage.
Best,
Chris
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Jim, if you check the Copeland website you will notice that they are currently in the process of moving the shop to NJ. I don't think you'll find their PA shop open.
Best,
Chris
Jim_B1

Post by Jim_B1 »

On 2002-12-12 09:02, ChrisLaughlin wrote:
Jim, if you check the Copeland website you will notice that they are currently in the process of moving the shop to NJ. I don't think you'll find their PA shop open.
Best,
Chris
Well, I'm going to be contacting them before hand so wherever they are, that's where I'll go :smile:
Works better for me if I don't have to go to Philly, less tolls :smile:

Thanks
-Jim
madguy

Post by madguy »

Franklinville, NJ, here - 8 miles south of Glassboro (Rowan University), and 60 minutes northwest of Atlantic City.

~Larry
PapoAnaya

Post by PapoAnaya »

Hello:

Piscataway, 08854.

Luis
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Secaucus, 2 1/2 days a week. The rest of the time I'm just a little ways over the NY border, up route 17.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Greetings from Flagtown, New Jersey!

Bet you can't find us on a map. Nine streets. One post office. Cool!
Paul Anderson

Post by Paul Anderson »

Isn't Flagtown in Somerset County? I live in Warren County in the teeming metropolis of Oxford, pop. 850 and one traffic light.
I was in Mike Copeland's shop a couple of months ago having a low D tweaked and he said that he was moving to Cherry Hill in November. Hopefully he's all set up and busy making my flute and F whistle (are you reading this, Jim?)
Paul Anderson

Post by Paul Anderson »

Mike Rafferty hangs his hat in Bergen County. A lovely man and a great musician who has lots of students.
Jim_B1

Post by Jim_B1 »

On 2002-12-12 21:45, Paul Anderson wrote:
Isn't Flagtown in Somerset County? I live in Warren County in the teeming metropolis of Oxford, pop. 850 and one traffic light.
I was in Mike Copeland's shop a couple of months ago having a low D tweaked and he said that he was moving to Cherry Hill in November. Hopefully he's all set up and busy making my flute and F whistle (are you reading this, Jim?)
Yep, I checked his website and it says he's moving as of November 29th and should be in place a week from that date so he's probably back up and running by now. I'm going to be checking with him or Jim R before I go down anyway. Cherry Hill is a little closer for me anyway :smile: I'm going to be making a run up to Skip Healy's workshop next month too if anyone wants to take a ride with me. The hunt for the perfect flute has begun!!!!
There can be only one! (or maybe two or three but my wallet and wife say one...for now :smile: )
-Jim