Susato Kildare vs Oriole

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Rupfipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Susato Kildare vs Oriole

Post by Rupfipple »

Hello again.

I'm wondering if anyone had the opportunity to play both of these models and then give us a short feedback. Since the Oriole is a newly designed model, maybe it could actually sounds better or at least equal. And, of course, it is very budget friendly.

Thank you so much!
Feadoggie

Re: Susato Kildare vs Oriole

Post by Feadoggie »

Rupfipple wrote:I'm wondering if anyone had the opportunity to play both of these models and then give us a short feedback.
I have as have several other here.

These were my early impressions. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85861 Sorry about the links to my pictures. They seem to have changed in the photo hosting service I use.

I brief, both whistles are quite likeable. I prefer the Kildares but that may just be because I have been playing the Kildares for many years and they feel like an old pair of comfy slippers at this point.

There is a good search facility at the top of each forum page. You can use it to find the answers to many questions. If you search on "oriole" you will find a few other threads on that whistle. The Kildare has long been a stalwart piece of equipment. It's good and less good points are well documented throughout the archives of C&F.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Rupfipple

Post by Rupfipple »

Thank you so much Feaddogie.

That is exactly what i needed, and somehow I failed to find this on my search at the forum archives.

I guess that I'd give the Oriole a try, although I think that the Kildares are more gorgeous. ;)
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

You're welcome.
Rupfipple wrote:I guess that I'd give the Oriole a try, although I think that the Kildares are more gorgeous.
The fit and finish of the Kildare is better than the Oriole overall. But at the end of the day, the Oriole is a good little whistle for the price that plays and sounds substatially similar to the Kildare.

You'll get a good whistle either way.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Rupfipple

Post by Rupfipple »

Feadoggie wrote:You're welcome.
Rupfipple wrote:I guess that I'd give the Oriole a try, although I think that the Kildares are more gorgeous.
The fit and finish of the Kildare is better than the Oriole overall. But at the end of the day, the Oriole is a good little whistle for the price that plays and sounds substatially similar to the Kildare.

You'll get a good whistle either way.

Feadoggie
Hi Feadoggie. Ironically, I end up buying a Kildare set in a store clearance. I love them! I've never tried the Oriole though. ;/

Thank you for your help!