Free CD Offer

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
tradrocks
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Free CD Offer

Post by tradrocks »

Hi, I am giving away free copies of my CD - "Basically", Traditional Irish Music-Whistle and Guitar-Robbie MacGowran with Ruairi Kelly.
You can listen to tracks here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyhIg5YsR3A
Any members interested please e-mail me: rmacgowran@gmail.com
All the best.
Robbie.
Hi to all, thanks for your interest. Please understand I am an independent musician and funded the album myself and I am only trying to cover the delivery costs. So, if you want the CD and you live in Ireland, send me a padded envelope with stamps to the value of €1.50 inside and seal it ( I will give you my postal address when you e-mail me ) or, if you prefer, I will send you the album as an MP3 file. If you are outside Ireland I will send you the album as an MP3 file.
Robbie.
Last edited by tradrocks on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Skyclad01
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Re: Free CD Offer

Post by Skyclad01 »

Email sent. Thank you :)
maki

Post by maki »

Robbie, your CD is brilliant!
The whistling is superb, the accompaniment is subtle and understated.
This is real pleasure to listen to.
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

I have to second that!
tradrocks

Post by tradrocks »

To maki and mikethebook. Thank you both for your very kind comments. You make the effort and cost in producing the music worthwhile. I am delighted that you like the few tunes. Keep her lit!!!
CelticZoon

Post by CelticZoon »

I forgot to get back to this thread. I also received the CD which is really absolutely how I like whistle to be played ; Congratulations ! :thumbsup:
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

I wish I knew the CD was going to be given away free before I purchased it. :) I like free!

Lovely whistling and I hope there are more whistling CDs to be made... glad to help support your efforts.
sandimac

Post by sandimac »

I just got mine (mp3) and it is wonderful! I especially like the slightly slower pace - much nicer to listen to and to learn from.
Thanks, Robbie for so generously sharing your music!

Sandi in Tucson
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I look forward to hearing it. Maybe I could request the MP3 link by PM here, as my email spam filter might be blocking it.

Kevin Krell
stanton135
Tell us something.: Hi Nano. I was somewhat active on the Chiffboards maybe 5 or 6 years ago, participating in several whistle tours (Bracker, Hardy, Ellis). I took a break from the Chiffboards, and music mostly, for several years because I got a full-time job and had a baby. I'm easing back into the music, though (which is great, I missed it). It's good to be back!

Post by stanton135 »

I've listened to it a few times now, and it's still growing on me. Thanks, Robbie! :thumbsup:
tradrocks

Post by tradrocks »

To ytliek: Ive sent you a pm
Robbie
tradrocks

Post by tradrocks »

Important Notice !!!
I am realizing just how unfair my free offer is to those people everywhere who parted with their hard earned money to buy my 2012 album "Basically" only to see that copies of it are now available free!! I would like to make it up to those people by making them an offer. So, if you have paid for a copy of the album in the past ( and thank you for doing so ), please feel free to contact me.
Thanks to everyone,
Robbie.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

tradrocks wrote:Important Notice !!!
I am realizing just how unfair my free offer is to those people everywhere who parted with their hard earned money to buy my 2012 album "Basically" only to see that copies of it are now available free!! I would like to make it up to those people by making them an offer. So, if you have paid for a copy of the album in the past ( and thank you for doing so ), please feel free to contact me.
Thanks to everyone,
Robbie.
Now that is kind of you to offer, very generous, and totally unexpected. You just made my whistling day. :)
LisaD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by LisaD »

I agree with the comments here ... this is a wonderful set of tracks. I'm finding much to enjoy and much to learn from. Thank you, Robbie, for your generosity.
DaveAuty
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Post by DaveAuty »

Very enjoyable, thanks.

Last bumped by tradrocks on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 am.