FS. Glenn Schultz low F whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
starstutu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS. Glenn Schultz low F whistle

Post by starstutu »

FOR SALE: Glenn Schultz Low F tunable whistle. This whistle has been in storage for many years and only tooted a few times. It looks like it's made from Rosewood, it has a lot of red highlights in the wood. It has a silver colored mouth piece and fittings, they could be silver but not sure. It has a nice tone and very easy to play the high notes. It comes with a fitted rosewood colored box. The price is $575 or best offer. I can send pictures if interested.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: FS. Glenn Schultz low F whistle

Post by brewerpaul »

Those fittings are stainless steel, and the wood is likely to be Cocobolo which was one of Glenn's (and my) favorites to work with. Cocobolo is a form of redwood.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
starstutu

Post by starstutu »

Thanks for your response. I don't think this wood is related to redwood. This wood looks more to be in the Delbergia family which is rosewood. It doesn't look like any cocobolo that I have and I have about 100 lbs. I was thinking it could be Kingwood or Sissoo. Anyways, it's a beautiful whistle with a very pretty color. And most cocobolo darkens with age and this whistle is still very bright with a great tone.
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Pictures - nice and detailed? That'd help a lot for both identification and to get the juices flowing among potential buyers. (I don't have a low F by Glenn Schultz!)

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Claus von Weiss

Post by Claus von Weiss »

Tempting ... very tempting indeed!

Cheers
Claus
starstutu

Post by starstutu »

I sent a picture of the whistle to a wood company that sells mostly hardwoods and they said the wood is Sissoo. Sissoo is a type of rosewood. I'm sure Cocobolo makes for a nice whistle also. It's one of the woods used a lot by Oz Whistles and their high D's sell for $510. I dont' think Glenn made many F whistles and this one is a real beauty. I'm still trying to learn in how to post a photo. I'm sorry, I have a George Bush IQ. It's genetic!!!
Sirchronique
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Post by Sirchronique »

starstutu wrote:I sent a picture of the whistle to a wood company that sells mostly hardwoods and they said the wood is Sissoo. Sissoo is a type of rosewood. I'm sure Cocobolo makes for a nice whistle also. It's one of the woods used a lot by Oz Whistles and their high D's sell for $510. I dont' think Glenn made many F whistles and this one is a real beauty. I'm still trying to learn in how to post a photo. I'm sorry, I have a George Bush IQ. It's genetic!!!
You can upload the photo to a place like photobucket or some similar site (by clicking "upload", then selecting the file on your computer), and then you copy where it says "IMG code" near the photo. Then you click "IMG" where you post a reply to a thread on here, and just paste the IMG code there, and we will have the photo! Another option is to put the photo on any other website then right-click it to open the "photo URL", then you can copy and paste the web address on here.

I look forward to seeing it! I don't think I'm going to be in the market for any whistles for a very long time, aside from ones I'm waiting on. Regardless, I'm interested to see the whistle. I had no idea he even made low whistles at all!

Hope that helps. It's been awhile since I put any photo on here, but I think my instructions will be correct.

Cheers,
Chris
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Here's the forum support link about how to post a photo.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23407&hilit=How+to+post+images
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

starstutu wrote:Thanks for your response. I don't think this wood is related to redwood. This wood looks more to be in the Delbergia family which is rosewood. It doesn't look like any cocobolo that I have and I have about 100 lbs. I was thinking it could be Kingwood or Sissoo. Anyways, it's a beautiful whistle with a very pretty color. And most cocobolo darkens with age and this whistle is still very bright with a great tone.
:oops: My error :oops: Cocobolo is a rosewood of the Dalbergia genus. Redwood would be 'way too soft to make a good whistle.
Got wood?
starstutu

Post by starstutu »

Hi All, I'm still trying to put a photo with my ad. I don't know why it has to be so difficult. I forgot to mention in my original ad, I will pay for shipping and insurance for the value of the whistle. I hope to get a photo up by Christmas. :>)
starstutu

Post by starstutu »

I just had a brain storm, if anyone is seriously interested in the whistle, give me your email and I'll email the picture to you. That's the best I can do for now.
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

FOR SALE: Glenn Schultz Low F tunable whistle

See original post. I'm merely helping post the photo... and wish I could, love wood, as its a beauty. I have no connection other than posted image.
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Nope, that's not Cocobolo. It looks like either Bloodwood or Macacauba. Nice whistle for sure.
Got wood?
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

If somebody doesn't buy this soon, I'm gonna get myself into big trouble here. Gulp!

ecohawk
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

That's just what I was thinking! All I can say is holey ta molley... that's a beautiful whistle. And the wooden box taboot.

Does anyone know whether the wood is dense (hardwood) vs. pourous (softwood). I'm curious about how this particular wood sounds.

p.s. I think there is a line here... gulp! :)