Deceiving salads to watch out for.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Deceiving salads to watch out for.

Post by Redwolf »

Berti66 wrote:wellll......we all have brains and it would be expected that we know how to us these...aka we CAN think.
and we can ask questions if needed (is that a lowfat dressing? can I have the salad without? or on th side? can I have the xxxxx grilled instead?)

it was downright scary to read through those sites named above (did also view the links)
and no, netherlands is not much better than USA....I think.
good thing is that there still are salad bars in some places....
As I was saying, sometimes it's not obvious which items are likely to be higher in fat/calories...and the waiter doesn't necessarily know either. That's why the state of California requires restaurants to provide nutritional information: so diners can make informed decisions. I'm pretty food-savvy, and I've been shocked at some of the nutritional information I've seen since that law was passed.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Deceiving salads to watch out for.

Post by mutepointe »

And another thing going on with salads is the dressing. Take a look at the sodium level in store bought dressings. Yikes. I make my own Italian with 0 sodium. When my nephew was visiting, he wanted French dressing. I got a recipe on-line, made it in a blender and would never buy that store crap again. There is a raw egg in the French dressing so you have to be committed to using it quickly.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦